Our Mission is: To empower people with all disabilities by providing Resources, Options, And Disability related Services needed to obtain individual Freedom in their lives.
ROADS To Freedom Center for Independent Living of North Central Pennsylvania (CILNCP) is a nonprofit, 501 (c) (3) organization established for and by people with disabilities. To empower people with all disabilities by providing Resources, Options And Disability related Services needed To obtain individual Freedom in their lives. CILNCP offers services to people with disabilities as well as families of individuals with disabilities, community service providers, government agencies, private businesses and the community at large. CILNCP offers services to all persons regardless of race, creed, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference, national origin or disability status.
On October 1, 1995, CILNCP began as a satellite office of the Center for Independent Living of Central Pennsylvania, located in Camp Hill, PA. The Satellite office opened at 210 Market Street, Williamsport, PA under the direction of CILCP Executive Director Theotis Braddy, and CILNCP Project Director George J. Morton. Three years later, CILNCP became an independent Center for Independent Living in Pennsylvania. As of October 1, 1998, CILNCP was granted independent status and was incorporated as CILNCP, Inc. under the 501 © (3) of the IRS Code. As part of our celebration, CILNCP hosted a CILebration banquet on October 1, 1998 at the Genetti Convention Center, in Williamsport, PA. Participants present included CILNCP Advisory Council Members, CILCP Board of Directors’ Members, and several staff members from both CILNCP and CILCP. Also, at this time the CILNCP Advisory Council became the Board of Directors of the newly independent CILNCP, and George J. Morton was appointed as the CILNCP Executive Director.
CILNCP holds memberships and/or is active in the following organizations:
- PA Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)
- National Council on Independent Living (NCIL)
- Pennsylvania Council on Independent Living (PCIL)
- Williamsport/Lycoming Chamber of Commerce
- Lycoming County Governor’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities
- The Pennsylvania Society for the Advancement of the Deaf
- Union/Snyder County CORE Service Group
- Lycoming County Interagency Council
- Pennsylvania’s Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT)
- Williamsport Bureau of Transportation’s ADA Advisory Committee
AT Lending Library
The Recycled Equipment Exchange Project (REEP)